BECOME A texas real estate APPRAISER
Offered by Mbition Learn Real Estate (TALCB QE Provider #8071 and TALCB ACE Provider #17)
LEVEL 1 - APPRAISER TRAINEE
If you are thinking about becoming a Certified or Licensed Residential Appraiser, the first step is to obtain an Appraiser Trainee Authorization.
- Citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien
- 18 years of age or older
- Meet TALCB’s qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity
Education Requirements (79 hours total):
- Basic Appraisal Principles (30 hours)
- Basic Appraisal Procedures (30 hours)
- 15-Hour National USPAP or Equivalent (15 hours)
- Appraiser Trainee/Supervisory Appraiser Course (4 hours)
- No experience required.
LEVEL 2 - LICENSED RESIDENTIAL APPRAISER
Ready to move from Trainee level to a Licensed Residential Appraiser?
Upgrade Education Requirements (75 hours in addition to the 75 hours required for an Appraiser Trainee):
- Residential Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use (15 Hours)
- Residential Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach (15 Hours)
- Residential Sales Comparison and Income Approaches (30 Hours)
- Residential Report Writing and Case Studies (15 Hours)
- 1,000 hours of acceptable and verifiable appraisal experience acquired over a minimum of 6 months
TEXAS APPRAISAL CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- All appraiser licenses expire two years from the date of issuance, trainees must renew every year
- All appraisers are required to complete 28 hours of continuing education during the two year cycle
- 7 hours must cover the USPAP Update course or its equivalent
- TX Rule: An ACE course may not be repeated during the license holder’s continuing education cycle.