How To Get A Real Estate License In Texas
If you’re looking to get your Texas real estate license online, you’re at the right place. We are a Texas approved education provider with over 30 years and several hundred transactions to our credit. We have listed, sold and invested in HUNDREDS of properties and will get you licensed, then show you how to do the same.
Before you say yes to the fascinating real estate world, let’s cover all the steps to becoming a real estate agent in Texas. And of course, not a regular real estate, but a top producer!
Here Are The Steps To Getting A Real Estate License In Texas
The following steps must be completed in order
1) Application for Inactive Salesperson License;
2) Salesperson Sponsorship Form.
*Both Forms can be found on TREC’s website at: https://www.trec.texas.gov/agency-information/forms-and-contracts
3) Copies of Certificates of Completion (DO NOT submit the originals) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep originals for future reference. (The Real Estate Business School does not store certificates). TREC will send you a confirmation email within 1-2 business days of receiving your certificates.
The Real Estate Business School provides all three levels of education:
- Technical education required for licensure
- Business education clients expect
- Financial education for retirement
- NEW! Mentoring included in the Pre-licensing package.
To File Online
- Go to TREC’s website at: http://www.trec.state.tx.us/onlineservices_status.asp.
- The information requested online is the same as on the paper application. You may either scan and send your education documents electronically to email@example.com or fax them to 512-936-3863 with a copy of your completed application. TREC has a new “Check Application Status” feature located on their home page
To Mail Application
Texas Real Estate Commission 1700 N. Congress Avenue, Suite 400 Austin, TX 78701
NOTE: Filling the application out online will speed up the application process considerably.
Applying For A Real Estate Salesperson’s Or Real Estate Broker’s License
Who Is Pearsonvue?
Fingerprint And Criminal History Requirements
When you have received your exam eligibility letter form TREC you may schedule a fingerprint appointment through MorphoTrust. You will need the TREC ID number from the eligibility letter when making your appointment.
Candidates may call (888) 467-2080 (hours – Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM Central Time) to make a fingerprint reservation or by going online to TREC’s website at https://www.trec.texas.gov/fingerprint-requirements .
Fingerprinting For Texas Non-residents
Topics Covered in the Texas Real Estate Exam
- National section – There are 80 questions that must be answered within 105 minutes.
- State section – There are 30 questions that must be answered in 45 minutes.
- Real Estate Principles I
- Real Estate Principles II
- Law of Agency
- Law of Contracts
- Promulgated Contract Forms
- Real Estate Finance
- Real property characteristics
- Property use
- Forms of ownership
- Property values and appraisals
- Environmental issues
- Commission duties and powers
- Real estate licensing in Texas
- Ethics and conduct
- Community property
- Landlord-tenant issues
- Homeowners associations