HOW TO GET A TEXAS REAL ESTATE LICENSE
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS FOR A TEXAS REAL ESTATE LICENSE
Note: All first-time sales agent licenses are issued “Inactive.”
To be eligible for a real estate Sales Agent License, an individual must:
- Be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien;
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older, and;
- Meet TREC’s qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity.
To obtain an active Texas real estate Sales Agent license, you must:
- Satisfy current education requirements of 6 thirty-hour mandatory courses:
121 Principles of Real Estate 1
122 Principles of Real Estate 2
1151 Law of Agency
1251 Law of Contracts
351 Promulgated Contract Forms
451 Real Estate Finance
- Complete and file an application for your First Time Sales Agent License.
- Email your application receipt and your 6 course certificates to TREC.
- Wait for the Eligibility Letter email from TREC
- Follow the instructions for fingerprinting with Morpho and scheduling your exam with PearsonVue.
- Get fingerprinted.
- Take and pass the state licensing examination.
Once you have passed the exam and your inactive license number is issued, obtain sponsorship by an active broker through the Relationship Management Tool (RMT).
Important: Applicants must satisfy the above requirements and pass the exam within one year after the date the application is filed, or the application will expire.
5 Easy Steps to Obtaining a Texas Real Estate Sales Agent License
The Real Estate Business School has all the Real Estate Qualifying Education (QE) that you will need to get a Texas Real Estate Sales Agent license! Review the five steps outlined below to get a better understanding of the Texas Real Estate Licensing Requirements and then take the first step towards jump starting your new career! Enroll today and get your Sales Agent license in as little as 4 to 6 weeks!